The seven things I’m most grateful for!
I chose this topic because I feel gratitude is one of the most important things in this life. As we show gratitude, for some reason, our eyes are opened even more, and we realize just how blessed we really are. The same can be said for ingratitude. The more sour and ungrateful our attitude, the more blind we seem to become.
Christmas, at least for me, brings those things I am most grateful for to the forefront of my mind. So for my 12 days I’ll share with you my top seven. (There are more, of course, but who wants to read a 145 page post, know what I mean? ;)
7. My business partner, Cindy C Bennett. I have never met someone so talented in all things that have to do with writing. She amazes me every day. She truly has the gift of words. Many can write stories, only a few have the talent to craft it so well. She is an inspiration to me.
6. The Wigz. This is my writing group, which consists of Cindy C Bennett, Camelia Miron Skiba, Juli Caldwell, and Jeffery Moore. They have helped me improve on my writing skills leaps and bounds. Their insights, their talents, which they share freely with me, have changed me as a writer. While I’ve met all of them in person with the exception of Jeffery, I only have a photo of three of us together, though I hope to remedy that soon.
5. Don’t laugh… Donny Osmond! Like most young girls, I fell madly in love with the toothy young boy when I heard his crooning’s of Puppy Love. But what impressed me the most was the way he lived his life. His example changed me forever as I embraced his beliefs and made them my own. He literally saved my life by his example, and for that I will forever be grateful.
|This was the first Donny Osmond record I ever bought!|
4. My readers! Man, I love you guys. Your support means more to me than you’ll ever know. I stress with each book I write, not wanting to put junk out there just to make money. If I don’t feel it is good enough, I delete it and start over. You have stood by me as I wrote, and rewrote, and rewrote, Cole's story because I wanted it to be right. So thank you from the bottom of my heart!
3. My grandbabies! They are so much fun! I love them with all my heart and they bring me such joy! I love their cherub faces and infectious laughter. I love their wonder as they examine and learn about the world around them. I love when they bring me a book and ask me to read to them. I just plain love them.
|Yes, they are adorable<3!|
2. My family. Never in my life did I know such a love existed until I had a child. Never did I know it was possible to love like that. Never. It stunned me, it changed me. Becoming a mother is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. Truly there is No Greater Joy. If I accomplish nothing else in this life than that of being a good mom, then I have succeeded. No other success can compensate for failure in the home. (David O McKay) Truer words were never spoken. I am truly the luckiest, most blessed woman ever. Add to that a wonderful strong, cutie pie of a husband who has stood by me, supported me, and loved me through the years. My life is complete!
1. My Savior. In a day and age when religion is no longer in vogue, I am proud to proclaim my love for my Savior. He has paid a price for me that I myself could never pay, and yet He doesn’t ask that I do. Some say only the weak lean on religion, but I say only the strong have enough courage to do so. ‘If you have not chosen the Kingdom of God, it will make in the end no difference what you have chosen instead’, CS Lewis. I believe this with all my heart. I feel His love most keenly at this time of year as we give gifts to others to show our love for them. I am by no means perfect, and I judge no one who does not share my beliefs, but I won’t shy away from proclaiming that He lives, and that He loves us all. And for this gift, I am the most grateful for.
Post a Comment