Thank you for stopping by on the final day of Author March Madness! I hope you enjoyed getting to know your favorite authors a bit more!
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’m Joker, I’m a smoke…Wait! Wrong song. While I am a joker, I’m not a smoker! I’m also a mom, a wife, and I pretend to be a writer..shhh, don’t tell anyone!
2. What do you do when you are not writing? I think about writing! And clean toilets :/
3. What is your favorite smell? Freshly washed babies…and chocolate chip cookies baking.
4. When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book? I started writing at age 11 after a tragedy happened that I didn’t know how to deal with. It was a simple poem. I wrote my first book several years later, a Harry Potter book. I was tired of JK Rowling killing everyone off so I wrote my own book/ending! 600+ pages!
5. If you had 24 hours to live, excluding spending time with your family, what would you do? Go to the beach…in Hawaii…with my family.
6. Do you ever experience writer’s block? EVERY day :(
7. Do you work with an outline, or just write? Outline, but the end product never looks like the outline.
8. What is your favorite kind of cheese? Rocky Road Ice Cream…That’s not a cheese you say? I beg to differ. Both come from cows. Technically both come from cow’s milk. Therefore they are the same thing.
9. Is there any particular author or book that influenced you growing up or as an adult? Les Miserable. Oh, to write a book like that!
10. Would I find anything growing in your refrigerator right now? Oh yeah. I’m sure there is a colony thriving in there!
11. How would you describe yourself in three words? Funny (no, not looking…well not all the time), faithful, & forgetful.
12. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination? Both. As a writer it helps to draw on real life to bring authenticity to a story. Then I mingle it with imagination.
13. Who is your favorite author? Victor Hugo.
14. What was your favorite part of writing and why? Editing. Because getting the story down on paper is the hardest part. Editing is much easier.
15. Chocolate or Brussels sprouts? Chocolate…duh.
16. What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? You suck!
17. What has been the best compliment given to you as an author? Your story changed my life.
18. What is your least favorite smell? Skunk!
19. Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers? Write write write and read read read!
20. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers? I can not thank you enough for your support. You inspire me every day. You make me want to be a better writer!
Author Bio: Sherry and her wonderfully supportive husband, currently call Upstate New York home, which is also the setting for her novels. It is where they are raising their family. Sherry has a degree in Legal Assisting, and served as a medical technician in the Air Force. She and her husband worked in foster care for a number of years, from which they adopted their youngest son. She has worked in the education system for a number of years, and is currently lucky enough to be teaching teenage girls, ages 12-18. She has lived in Michigan, California, Utah, Texas, Pennsylvania, and the beautiful, but over-taxed state of New York where she has spent the last eleven years, and now considers home. It is where she spends her nights writing instead of sleeping :}
I see you get your calcium from somewhere, Sherry. We are sisters in... ice cream!!! Loved the post <3ReplyDelete